Apply to Be a Shops’ Noir Contributor
Welcome to our community. We’re so happy you’ve decided to share your story with us.
Shops’ Noir is ‘the UK’s first commence black business website™’ dedicated to giving the growing black owned African, Caribbean business community a place to create their own online store to showcase their products and services to the worldwide community.
Our goal as an black owned and managed organisation is to:
- Strengthen our communities Economic interest
- Pass on wealth to each other
- Collectively build for our future
The goal of the articles we publish are to empower and educate the global community and help reshape and redefine what it is to be black. If you are a returning contributor, click here to login.
If you are a first-time contributor, sign up to submit your story here. But first, please read below:
Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
If you are submitting an article, follow these instructions.
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributing writers.
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know.
- If you’d like to submit a video, please email it to [email protected], if your video is to big to email be send it via a free file sharing service like wetransfer
- Include a brief bio (1-4 sentences) and a photo for your profile. You will be prompted to do this during the sign-up process.
- Include your home address if you’re comfortable with that. (Occasionally we like to send things to our contributors. We won’t share or sell this without your permission.)
- We also accept previously published blog posts. In this case, please include the link as well as the entire story (and let us know that you retain author rights over this story and the ability to publish it elsewhere).
- Send all questions to [email protected].
- Still have questions? Email [email protected].
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, it may be republished in full with your byline on a reputable Shops’ Noir partner site. Once republished on a partner site, Shops’ Noir moderation standards do not apply, and the piece cannot be removed from the partner site.
Also, unfortunately, we can’t publish every story or blog post that we receive. Please don’t take us turning down a article as us saying your articles don’t have value. We have a small editorial team currently, but we hope to one day have a spot for every article we receive on the site. Your articles have so much value.
Know you’re in a safe space in our community where you can be honest about your feelings. We’re not here to tell you how to feel. Reach out to an editor at [email protected], if you’re concerned with how your article or parts of your article will be perceived. We’re here to help, and we’re grateful that you’ve chosen Shops’ Noir to share your story.
**These are just ideas if you’re looking for some writing inspiration.
We accept submissions within all topics!**
Topics we cover but are not limited to include:
- Vendor Editorials /Promotions
- Entrepreneurship & Business
- Art & Culture
- Family & Relationships
- Music, Sports & Entertainment
Remember our goal is to educate, empower, redefine and reshape Black Consciousness