DevonKeymaster@devonFebruary 21, 2018 at 1:57 pm #15698
Importing or amending your products on Shop’s Noir just got a lot easier. Shops’ Noir team can help you import or update tens or hundreds of your products in your store with a single CSV file.
• First-time store owners can get started more quickly by exporting and importing products during setup.
• Existing store owners can add or update all of their products with new info or place them on sale for a special event.
Create your CSV
To import new products or update existing products, you need a CSV containing your product information. You can:
• Export a CSV of products from another online store.
• Download our CSV file with sample data and replace it.
• Use your own CSV.
Any information you wish to include should follow the formatting and columns of the guide below.
Send your CSV
Email your CSV file to [email protected], including your username and shop name and will get your products imported for you.
• CSVs should be in UTF-8 format.
• Use 1 or 0 in your CSV if your importing a true or false value. (1 = True/Yes 0 = False/No)
• Multiple values in a field get separated with commas.
• Wrapping values in quotes allows you to insert a comma.
• The hierarchy of categories is denoted with >, terms are separated with commas.
• Images need to be pre-uploaded or available online to import to your store.
• External URLs are supported and imported into the Media Library if used.
• You can define the filename if the image already exists in the Media Library.
CSV columns and formatting
CSV Column Name Example Notes Type simple, downloadable Product Type. Valid values: simple, variable, variation, downloadable. SKU my-sku Required. Auto-generated if missing. Name My Product Name Required. Visibility in catalog visible Supported values: visible, catalog, search, hidden Short Description This is a product A descriptive title in 65 characters or less Description This is more information about a product. A creative and well-written description in 250 characters or less In stock? 1 1 or 0 (1 = true 0 = false) Backorders allowed? 0 1, 0, or notify Sold individually? 0 1 or 0 Weight (kg) 100 Parse only numbers Length (cm) 20 Parse only numbers Width (cm) 20 Parse only numbers Height (cm) 60 Parse only numbers Purchase Note Thanks for purchasing my product Regular Price 23.99 Non-sale price. Sale Price 12.99 Sale price. Stock 30 Numeric stock level enables stock management. parent can be used for variations. Blank = no stock management. Categories Category 1, Category 1 > Category 2, CSV list of categories. > used for hierarchy. a full list of categories can be found here. Tags Tag 1, Tag 2 CSV list of tags. Attribute 1 Name Clothing Size Looks for global attribute or uses text if not found. Include as many as needed. “Used for variations” is set automatically. Attribute 1 Value(s) M, L, XL, XXL List of values. Variations only need 1 value. First is used if multiple get provided. Images http://somewhere.com/image.jpg, http://somewhere.com/image2.jpg First is featured image. Download 1 Name Download 1 Download 1 URL url.zip Download Limit 1 n/a or a limit. Download Expiry Days 30 n/a or a day limit. Parent id:100, SKU-1 Set parent ID. Used for variations. Can be just a numeric ID e.g. id:100 or a SKU. Import will use SKU when possible. Upsells id:100, id:101, SKU-1, SKU-2 List of IDs. Can be just a numeric ID e.g. id:100 or a SKU. Export will use SKU when possible. Cross-sells id:100, id:101, SKU-1, SKU-2 List of IDs. Can be just a numeric ID e.g. id:100 or a SKU. Export will use SKU when possible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.